Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:44:12 +0000
From:      "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Out via tun0 and in via ep0???

Hello,

Is there any easy way to configure a FreeBSD system so that ALL outgoing
packets are sent out via the tun0 (PPP) interface?  All imcoming packets will
be coming via the ep0 (3Com Ethernet) interface.  What I need is for the
OUTGOING packets to use the ep0 interface IP address as the SOURCE address,
that way the return packets will come via the ep0 interface.

Why, you may ask?

I hope to test a cable modem that attaches via ethernet and use a standard
analog modem as the return channel.

Thanks,
Aaron out.