Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:02:43 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        "Pierre Y. Dampure" <pierre.dampure@k2c.co.uk>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: VESA_800x600 mode -> kernel crash at boot time?

>Could someone with a recent (ie < 1 week) -CURRENT confirm whether they
>have problems booting their system when setting allscreens_flags to
>"VESA_800x600"? I have now verified the problem with two different
>systems  -- Compaq Professional Workstation 5100 (UP, Matrox Millenium
>II) and Intel Providence PR440FX (SMP, Matrox G200) -- neither of which
>exhibited the problem previously.

This was just fixed in the following commit.

Kazu

yokota      2000/01/24 05:44:39 PST

  Modified files:
    sys/dev/syscons      scmouse.c
  Log:
  Fix a bug exposed by the previous commit. Do not use scp->font_size,
  if the screen is in a graphics mode

  Reported by: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.11      +6 -3      src/sys/dev/syscons/scmouse.c