Date:      Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:56:15 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp, walter@fortean.com, am@amsoft.ru, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APM power off (patch)

> >> APM poweroff on ATX boards is different to APM poweroff on laptops.
> >> FreeBSD has been able to use APM to shut laptops down for a long time
> >> now, but it hasn't worked on ATX boards.
>
> Hmm?  I read roughly the patch mentioned in the first mail of this
> thread, and I can't find any essential difference between it and
> -current, and I have heard and tested that PAO shutdown power-off code
> works under ATX machines.

Odd; I had expected that it *would*, but when I tried it on my brand
new ASUS board it didn't, nor on the Tyan box next to me.

Suspend works (but not with the power button), but power off didn't,
hence the conclusion that something "different" was involved.  Sounds
like I should try it again to be sure.