Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:59:45 -0700
From:      Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
To:        Denver Timothy <dlt@mail.freeshell.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony R505

From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Subject: dell support
Bcc:
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 22:50:56 -0700

i used to buy sony laptops.  but their support was soooo abysmal.  when it
took them three weeks of holding my laptop to tell me it was my fault and
they wanted $1,800 to fix a machine that was $1,500 on the street i could
not stand it any longer.

i bought a dell.  last week week while i was in taipei, some months after
getting the dell, it developed a common laptop problem, lcd color changes
etc. that could be 'fixed' by flexing of the cover/screen hings.  this
monday, labor day, i called dell's support hotline.  today, a tech came to
my house, yes you read that correctly, CAME TO MY HOUSE! and replaced the
lcd.

i am utterly stunned, impressed, blown away.

dell's support is as good as sony's is bad.  and that's saying a lot.

randy