Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bob Vaughan <techie@tantivy.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Cc:        techie@tantivy.stanford.edu
Subject:   problems with small mfs filesystems..

I'm trying to cram picobsd onto an apple airport, and I ran into an
interesting problem just now..

I started with the router image, tweaked it for bridging, and am now trying
to tune mfs size so it will work..

if I decrease the mfs size in the kernel to 1000kb, i get a error from
disklabel: fd1000: unknown disk type

building at 1200kb is fine, but i'm running out of swap..

also, anything i should know about pccards and oinit? I'm dealing with
a single wavelan card..  is there a way i can omit pccardd?

object is to netboot the image onto the airport, and then have the airport
run by itself.. i don't want to slave it to a NFS server if i don't have to.

Bob Vaughan  | techie@{w6yx|tantivy}.stanford.edu | kc6sxc@w6yx.ampr.org
	     | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --