Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:07:28 -0500
From:      Greg Larkin <glarkin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Anders Troback <freebsd@troback.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MythTV port upgrade?

Anders Troback wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:27:43 +1100
> Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>>> Greg seems to be on it so i have CC'ed him.
>> In case anybody else is confused (I was :-), this is Greg Larkin, not
>> me.  I gave up the maintainership a while back.
>>
>> Greg
>> --
>> See complete headers for address and phone numbers.
>

> Greg Larkin told me that he will try to get some time in the
> holidays to make the port ready!
>
> He also told me that he had some problems with Internet connection and
> the electricity because of an ice storm!

Hello all,

Our electricity was finally restored after 1 week.  Some folks were out
for 2 weeks around here.  I'm caught up after the Christmas holiday now,
and I've spent some time working with the mythtv-frontend port from
Bernhard today.

I noticed some things:

- - Compilation initially failed because I didn't enable OpenGL support in
QT 3.3.  Unfortunately, there's no way to specify "WITH_OPENGL=true" in
the mythtv-frontend BUILD_DEPENDS directive.

  To make sure OpenGL is built into QT 3.3, I created a slave port
(x11-toolkits/qt33-opengl with CONFLICTS set for qt-3.3.* et al.) and
made mythtv-frontend depend on that.  Let me know what you think of that
idea.

- - As mentioned previously in this thread, --disable-backend support has
been removed from MythTV's configure script.  In order to avoid
installing backend binaries, I created a patch file for
programs/programs.pro to omit them and updated pkg-plist accordingly.

If you have any feedback or suggestions, please let me know.

Regards,
Greg
- --
Greg Larkin