Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2000 15:22:53 +0100
From:      Mark Knight <markk@knigma.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current kernel causes CVSup SetAttrs flood (was: cvsup overzealous)

In article <200008120221.TAA60376@vashon.polstra.com>, John Polstra
<jdp@polstra.com> writes
>[I changed the subject to something more represenative.]
>
>In article <jay5cKALDIl5EwQX@knigma.org>,
>Mark Knight  <markk@knigma.org> wrote:
>> With world and kernel of 10th August, 01:00 GMT cvsup is reporting
>> 'SetAttrs' adjustments for every file it encounters on repeated runs
>> against a server that has not been updated.
>>
>> Running under an old kernel, cvsup is not performing any updates.
>
>Stranger things have happened, but still I am skeptical of this.
>Please make sure that the kernel is really the only difference.
>Especially check that on each run you:
>
>    - have the same umask

yes

>    - are logged in as the same user

yes

>    - are using the same cvsup command line and supfile

yes

It was repeatable over several reboots, switching between the two
kernels. I've just performed a new sup, and with a new kernel everything
is fine again... I'll put it down to a bad snapshot for want of a better
explanation.

Thanks!
--
Mark Knight                       PGP Public Key: finger mkn@knigma.org