Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:26:25 +0000
From:      Antony T Curtis <antony@abacus.co.uk>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Progress with adsm client under freebsd

Doug White wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, F. Heinrichmeyer wrote:
>
> > i have a really bad time with my linux server sometimes and would be
> > happy to use freebsd on ALL my servers. In the beginning i was bound to
> > linux to use some legacy-LDAP-software. Now i have something portable,
> > but there still is the ADSM-Problem:
> >
> > Has anyone managed to use any ADSM client with freebsd stable (4.x)?
>
> You need a hack to disable the path munging so the ADSM client sees the
> entire disk and not what's in /compat/linux.  It's a hack, but is
> controllable via sysctl.
>
> If you want this please contact me directly.

This "hack" would be very useful for me too... I am using Linux JVMs
(IBM J2EE and Sun J2EE) mixed with FreeBSD's JVMs (JDK 1.1.8 and JDK
1.2.2)

It would be conveienet for me to have everything living in the same
chroot.

--
ANTONY T CURTIS                     Tel: +44 (1635) 36222
Abacus Polar Holdings Ltd           Fax: +44 (1635) 38670