Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 1996 15:44:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      sclawson@bottles.cs.utah.edu (steve clawson)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        stesin@gu.net, sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DigiBoard?

Michael Smith uttered:
> The Stallion EZconnection8/32 is available on PCI, and appears to be
> supported by the FreeBSD stallion driver.  (There are lots of places
> in the code that reference it.)

     We've had a PCI EZconnection board with 2 16 port `panels'
hanging off it running around here for a couple months.  It's worked
great so far, but we haven't really banged on it too hard since it's
just used to provide serial consoles to a rack of test machines.

     One thing to mention though.  Make sure that you get at least a
revision 2.1 card.  The 2.0 rev card we originally got gave us no end
of trouble.  It liked to conflict with other PCI cards and depending
on the order that you stuck them in the machine it might or might not
boot...

steve

--
// stephen clawson				sclawson@cs.utah.edu