Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:54:33 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Claus=20Guttesen?= <cguttesen@yahoo.dk>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation on hp rx2600

>> This was done using the ATA-CD-drive. Since I'm
>> able to boot on it, I figured I could goes as
>> far as getting to the networked install.
>
> Yes. You should not go to post-install before
> installing though.
> Just select the install medium when given the
> opportunity and
> follow the screens.

I did try a proper network-installation at first, but
when that didn't work out I just wanted to see which
nic's the installer saw. Looks like it only detects
the gigabit (bge).

Would a workaround be to install either 5.0 or 5.1 and
then cvsup to 5.2?

regards
Claus

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan