Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:17:37 +0100
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@rambo.simx.org>
To:        Bart Matthaei <bart@dreamflow.nl>
Cc:        Asep Ruspeni <asepruspeni@yahoo.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: relaying mail from DHCP clients

Bart Matthaei wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 03:06:12PM +0700, Asep Ruspeni wrote:
>
>>my configurations :
>>
>>FreeBSD : mail server using sendmail
>>Windows2000 : DHCP server
>>
>>need help :
>>-my clients (which obtain IP from DHCP server) could'nt send mail using MUA
>>outlook express.
>>the comment was :
>>relaying denied, IP lookup failed [IP generated by DHCP server]
>>
>>question :
>>how do i setup my sendmail configuration so my clients could send mail from
>>his/her MUA using smtp service in my freebsd box.
>>
>>thank you in advance.
>>asep.
>>

>First of all, I think this is a bit off-topic. But ill try to answer
>anyway.
>
>After 2 min. of googling:
>
>FEATURE(accept_unresolvable_domains).
>
>Normally, sendmail will refuse to accept mail that has a return adress
>with a domain that cannot be resolved using the regular host lookups.
>(a technique commonly used by spammers).
>This feature permits acceptance of such addresses.
>Unresolvable domains can be selectively accepted using the access
>database.
>
>For more info: http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html
>
>HTH
>
>Regards,
>
>Bart Matthaei

My guess would be that all you have to do is edit the /etc/mail/access
file to be something like
192.168.0    RELAY
and then rebuild the access db with 'cd /etc/mail; makemap hash access <
access'. Restart sendmail and youre done.
That is if youre clients are on the 192.168.0 subnet, if not, change it
to suit your needs.