Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 1996 19:59:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Hench <hench@cae.uwm.edu>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        hench@cae.uwm.edu, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2 HARD lockup RFC b4 i try it again.

> There were bugs in the aic7xxx driver that were fixed just after the
> tag went on the tree, but my pull-up request for those files has not
> been processed yet.  You should be testing -current, not the 2.2 tree
> yet anyway, as Poul has been requesting.
> Justin T. Gibbs
>   FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations

it seemed that jkh pulled that stuff into 2.2 this morning so i tried that
again. same thing. i also tried a -current kernel (supped today)
no problems with build. locks up everytime it starts quotacheck. and once
during fsck and twice IMEDIATELY after the kernel loaded. this was on a
reset initiated boot as opposed to a complete powerdown.
im wondering if i have something else screwed, but the late august kernel
works fine. everytime. i tried relaxing my ram timings (just for grins) to
no avail. at this point i find it hard to believe that it is scsi
(software)  or aicxxxx related tho. probably some lovely scsi hardware
crap. it's all internal and active terminated, but scsi does that
sometimes just to get on your nerves. :-(

thanks for your help tho.
mike hench
hench@cae.uwm.edu