Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:42:37 +0200
From:      Nicola Gigante <nicola.gigante@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel 3420 disk controller and FreeBSD

Hello everybody.

I've subscribed to this list to ask you a few questions about FreeBSD =
hardware compatibility.
My company here will soon buy an IBM server Express X3200 M3.

Does anybody know something about its compatibility with FreeBSD 8.0? =
Google seems to know nothing about it.

But in particular I'm interested in the disk/raid controller. The =
machine's technical details say it ships with a
motherboard based on the Intel 3420 chipset. Is it supported by FreeBSD? =
Is its RAID controller supported=20
(assuming that's the chipset that handles RAID)?

In case the RAID controller should result unsupported, would that mean =
that I can't even use the disk controller
at all?

Thank you in advance,

Nicola=