Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2001 14:49:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        stephen@math.missouri.edu
Subject:   Re: CVSup upgrade to fix the timestamp bug

I made new packages which I _think_ are clean for all x86 CPUs.  I
haven't updated the links on the web site yet.  Could somebody
please try these new packages on a Pentium-plain and see if they
work OK?  They are in the following locations:

GUI version:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/s1g/i386-gui/cvsup-16.1d.tgz

non-GUI version:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/s1g/i386-nogui/cvsup-16.1d.tgz

If you don't have X11 installed, you must use the non-GUI version.

These packages are "almost static".  I couldn't build them fully
static because all of my system libs were built with an elevated
CPUTYPE value.  So I made these packages statically linked against the
M3 libraries, but dynamically linked against the system libraries.  I
_think_ this kept them clean for all CPU variants.

As soon as I get confirmation that these seem OK, I'll make them
public on the web site.

Thanks,
John