Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 09:02:10 -0700
From:      "L. Floyd" <lfloyd@sonic.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The issue of support

I work for an environmental consulting firm that mainly uses PCs (Win
3.x and Win95) hooked to an NT server using Banyan.  We have about 1,000
employees nationwide tied together by a WAN.  The other day I was
talking to one of the IS support people about alternative OSs.  I was
astonished (at first) to hear that our Corp IS folks would never
consider using an operating system that is free.  They feel better about
spending money for the product, especially if it has good support.  They
are savy enough or experienced enough to figure out problems on their
own.

So, in the case of FreeBSD, "support" may invite more corporate users to
consider using it.... perhaps.

(Of course I did mention that there was massive support via the
Internet, but that didn't fly.)

- Larry