Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2010 00:18:44 +0300
From:      Sergey Kandaurov <pluknet@gmail.com>
To:        Michael DeMan <freebsd@deman.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: status on Perc3 'aacli' toolset

On 28 November 2010 17:23, Michael DeMan <freebsd@deman.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if I am mis-posting here, if I should be posting to a 'device drive=
rs' list or something, please advise.

> For some old hardware that was pressed back into production, I am unable =
to locate or advise anybody about tools to mange it. =A0The pertinent dmesg=
 is:

> aac0: <Dell PERC 3/Di> mem 0xf0000000-0xf7ffffff irq 18 at device 8.1 on =
pci1

> There used to be a tool in FBSD ports, if I recall correctly it was somet=
hing like 'aacli' and under sysutils.

> Is there a more modern way to manage this old stuff, or is it totally (no=
t just deprecated, but) wiped out from FBSD support?

> This is on FBSD 8.1, totally stock:
> FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Jul 19 02:55:53 UTC 2010 =A0 =A0 root@almeida=
.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

Mike,

please, look at sysutils/arcconf to manage aac(4) devices.

--=20
wbr,
pluknet