Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:05:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mervin McDougall <mcd_advisory@yahoo.com>
To:        me@hexren.net
Cc:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fwd: Re: Re[8]: Connection via proxy

--0-598947734-1106406340=:14573

I seems that your network is not properbly configured.
Have you verified that the interface you wish to use
is up and has a
valid IP adress. Is the proxy in "your" subnet or do
you need to use a
gateway to reach it ?

Hexren

maybe consider posting your replies under the original
message as that
will make it so much easier to read the full message
;)

I have verfied that the interface is up and running
... but not sre if I connect via a subnet or a
gateway. Total noob to this so I am not sure how I can
verify. The only thing I got in my dorm is an RJ45
socket outlet for connecting to the net.

the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and the gateway is
146.226.11.1

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-598947734-1106406340=:14573