Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:53:01 -0500
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem report 28418

I'm wondering if more work has been done on this.  There was a modification
on March 4th, however, it seems as if there hasn't yet been any
progress.  This is the problem with an ASUS A7A266 Motherboard causing
XFree 4.x to crash.

Searching deja on this, someone suggested turning off MTRR in the
BIOS.  However, I have not been able to find that option in the BIOS menu.

I can verify that the problem still exists in 4.5 RELEASE (the original
report was for  4.3 RELEASE).

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there is any hope of progress in the near
future---if this is the wrong forum for this question, please steer me to
the correct one--however, I'm asking as a user, not a coder--I'm not able
to offer any solutions.

Thanks
Scott Robbins