Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 01:14:58 +0200
From:      Volker Sturm <v.sturm@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java plugin

Hi,
it's more or less unbelieveable that no one asked this question yet but
I didn't find anything in the FAQs and so on. I installed
linux-jdk1.3.1_1 on my FreeBSD-4.4_STABLE. Additionally I installed
XFree 4.1.0 with Motif, the FreeBSD jdk13 and linux-netscape 4.78. I
made a soft link from /usr/local/lib/netscape-linux/plugins/ to
/usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns4/javaplugin.so. Netscape
does find the plugin and I enabled it in the Preferences. Only thing is
that I get an error saying:
Exec of /usr/local/bin/i386/native_threads/java_vm failed: 2 Plugin:
Plugin is not enabled or Java VM process has died.
As I said, java is enabled and netscape shows the plugins with
about:plugins. NPX_PLUGIN_PATH is set to
/usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns4

Hope you can help me as I can't imagine no one has had this problem
before.

Regards,
Volker Sturm