Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:33:55 +0100 (BST)
From:      ruth moulton <ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk>
To:        Haavard Vaagstoel <havardjv@gudmund.vgs.no>
Cc:        ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Re: NFS

Haavard

the first reference I gave you (the UNIX System Administrators
Handbook, 2nd Edition, by Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder,
Scott Seebass, Trant R. Hein, published Prentice Hall) includes
explicit instructions for BSD unix, which are usually good enough
for FreeBSD, at least the commands will most likely be the same,
which means you can look up the man pages (man(1) command) to
find any differences.

Personally my NFS knowledge is rusty, so I'd only look in the
book to find you some answers!

ruth

 > On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, ruth moulton wrote:
 >
 > > You could check out Sun's web site too, no idea if they have
 > > some good pointers or not...
 >
 > Maybe they have, and the other sources you mention are probably great for
 > general NFS documentation. But I'm afraid I might need something a little
 > more specific to FreeBSD.
 >
 > Could someone on the list tell me a few basic things, perhaps? For
 > instance, what would be the correct command to mount the /usr directory on
 > one host under /foo on the other host? Do I need to define what parts of
 > my system that it shall be possible to NFS mount? If so, where?
 > --
 > Haavard Vaagstoel <havardjv@gudmund.vgs.no>

Ruth Moulton            ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Consultant

65 Tetherdown,
London N.10 1NH, UK     Tel:+44 181 883 5823