Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 02:10:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG

This is definetly not something that would become part of a production
kernel -- seems that it is far to specific, the bsd kernel is not a
database engine, that's what mmap is for.

Any scheme like this, I am sorry to say it, you end up losing on because
it will be not portable enough (but hell, if you want amusement go right
ahead there aren't any laws against that). As it is I think some would
agree that there are far too many file systems to deal with and that FFS
lacks some generality and leaves things to be desired (actually I think
that eventually everything will head the way of single level storage [no
filesystems, the ultimate generalization of a filesystem]). Maybye you
should call it SFS (Shapiro File System)