Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:01:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      HokieGrind <hokiegrind@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Apache 1.3.9 (ports) and FreeBSD3.3 with VirtualHosts

I have been attempting to configure my FreeBSD3.3
install to use Apache 1.3.9, with multiple
VirtualHosts.  I am interested in learning the
required configurations which equate to the rc.local
entries used to initialize the network interface for
multiple IP's/VirtualHosts (like /sbin/ifconfig e0:1
127.16.0.100).

Thus far, I've made entries in my httpd.conf file, and
added a line to the /etc/rc.conf similar to the
following:

 ifconfig_xl0_myid_dev2="inet 155.16.0.105  netmask
255.255.0.0"

Even with this entry, I still cannot ping the virtual
host 'myid_dev2' - interface not up.

What else needs to be configured in order for me to
use VirtualHosts with Apache1.3.9 and FreeBSD3.3?

hokiegrind@yahoo.com