Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 10:07:25 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>, jmacd@freefall.cdrom.com (Joshua Peck Macdonald), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What people are doing with FBSD

: There was a reference to Nat Williams for porting the Sun-style Makefiles
: to gnu-style Makefiles. So I am wondering if anyone out there
: is holding back info on the current java port for FreeBSD :)

I got into an interesting conversation with a Sun engineer over
breakfast the other day.  He was saying that Java used its own
threading system, and that was supposed to make it easier to port and
that you don't need an MT safe anything to get it up and running.

I don't know if that is true or not, but it is what he told me when I
commented on JAVA's portibility problems.

Guess it is time to download the source and try myself....

Warner