Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:50:47 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Iain Templeton <iain@research.canon.com.au>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: aic(4) driver patch

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 10:01:29 +1100, Iain Templeton wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
>

> > Attached is a patch for the aic(4) driver to do the following:
> >
> >  - enable 10MHz (fast SCSI) operation on boards that support it.  (only
> >    aic6360 boards with fast SCSI enabled can do it)
>
> Well, my aic6360 seems to have it enabled. Although I don't have any
> devices that support, my clunky old ZIP drive still runs at the same
> speed.
>
> >  - bounds check sync periods and offsets passed in from the transport layer
>
> Aha, last time I cvsup'd I got lots of aic_msgin's which kept failing
> after this stuff was added to CAM it seemed. I ended up commenting out
> the code from cam_xpt.c to fix it, but this works now without me doing
> that. I guess I could throw away that unsubmitted pr.
>
> Unless of course that was something different.

There was a change in the transport layer that affected the aic driver.  I
fixed it in -stable by adjusting the transport layer (see rev 1.108 of
cam_xpt.c, which was MFCed).  I fixed both the transport layer and the aic
driver in -current, the aic driver change will get MFCed once 4.3 is out
the door.

> > It works for me, but I'd appreciate feedback.
> >
> Yeah, works for me, although I haven't done much in the way of testing.
> I can use my ZIP drive though, so I'm happy!

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry