Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 2004 03:16:51 +0100
From:      Matthew Paul Slight <mattslight@incite-ict.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java VM Plugin Firefox

I've just installed jdk14 from ports on my FreeBSD 5.2.1 system, thus I
have linux compatibility and linprocfs installed and mounted. I want to
enable a Java VM plugin in firefox 0.8. After some trouble with flash
(which I have now managed to get working) I discovered libmap.conf.
Currently when viewing Java content I am prompted to install the
x-java-vm plugin yet I have the jdk installed. Do I need to add an entry
into libmap.conf to enable firefox to recongnise the java vm plugin? Or
is there something else I should be doing? Currently my libmap.conf
reads as follows (althought the last 3 lines seem to have no effect and
firefox displays no mention of Java VM in about:plugins):

# Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0                 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        libstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6                       libm.so.2
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so

# Acrobat with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
[/usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so]
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

[/usr/local/jdk1.4.2/bin/java]
libkse.so.1			libc_r.so.5
libkse.so			libc_r.so

Regards,