Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:56:53 -0500
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        rjw@clark.net
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, multimedia@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: Matrox Meteor Capture Card Driver Announcement

>  I just got off of the phone with them. They don't sell direct to the
>  consumer. At least not in the US. If you call them they will
>  tell you where to find the card in your area though. The MSRP for the
>  card is $495

strange, they sold me one in July. maybe they are terrible at geography and
thought North Dakota was a providence in Canada :) no, only Americans
are that bad at geography. talk to Chantel Tessier at extension 2446.

>  What is a recommended capture camera for this card? They recommended a
>  camera with SVHS output. Anyone have a recommendation?

most video recording camera have composite outputs.

>  Will this card work with the Supermicro motherboard (P90)? I don't
>  currently have any bus mastering cards in the PCI slots.

I don't know. I would guess that would be okay.

--mark.