Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:59:26 -0700
From:      Anton Afanasyev <aasoft@gmail.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Matthew Rezny <matthew@reztek.cz>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MITM attacks against portsnap and freebsd-update

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> lot s of people  have their environments set up assuming this is true.
> (me included). It's also a worry abotu wether one has ht eright version of
> SVN
> or whether you  need some special version (we did at one stage)... this
> takes all
> the qustions out of it.

That makes sense. But it seems to me that having extra tools like SVN and
rsync in the base, and having to keep them updated, is more trouble than
using an extra script to let you install those utilities from ports.

 I know .. Git-lovers are upset..

Was this addressed to me, or just a general rant/reference that I did not
understand?

Anton