Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:29:31 -0800
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        Black Fox <blackfox@teamblackfox.com>, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on POWER6 p520

That should be reasonably well supported by the powerpc64 port. We at
least run well on POWER8 and POWER5+ systems. The one potential issue of
which I'm aware is that the on-board SCSI controller on some IBM systems
doesn't have a driver yet. You may also have trouble if you want to run
X, but that's probably moot for a server.
-Nathan