Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 1995 21:31:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   GOTO haters to square one

Has anyone else noticed:

The only code of mine David & Nate have seen from me is kern_lkm.c
(no goto's), init_main.c (no goto's), the associated SYSINIT()
changes to other files, and the additional support for NFS locking
in vfs_syscalls.c + kern_lockf.c + kern_descrip.c (all with no goto's).

I wonder where my supposed overuse of goto's comes from?

I know, it's my use of error_1 and error_2 in my vfs_mountroot()
in vfs_conf.c.

Lessee... the error_2 *is* a bit spurious.  I should have gotten rid
of it when I simplified the code down.  It should be use negative
logic.

The error_1 is probably spurios as well, mostly because the mount
point locking should be implied in VFS_MOUNT() instead of right
after allocation.  Well, what do you know!  An interface layering
problem of the type that I've been talking about fixing!

8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---