Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 96 17:39:28 EDT
From:      wes@visix.com (Wes Doonan)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI nemesis

>From perusing the mail archives I gather that 2.1.0 and earlier versions
had difficulty with ATAPI cdrom drives -- are they still to be avoided
with the 2.1.5 release?  I don't see the wcd0 device being probed during
boot, suggests the driver was removed from the kernel.  Also, the special
atapi.flp boot image is gone from the 2.1.5 distribution.

FAQ and hardware.txt don't say too much about ATAPI; anyone successful
bringing up an ATAPI cdrom under version 2.1.5 and like to share some
hints?  Thanks much,

Wes Doonan
Visix Software Inc.