Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:58:10 +0200
From:      Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   combined accept&read

I was chatting a little bit with the Zeus developers to ask them how
to make FreeBSD the best/fastest platform for them.

 "accept&read combined call is something else we're toying with. Very
 often we get a poll/select broken because there's data coming in on a
 socket, and most of the time there's already data in the socket
 buffers.  Being able to do the accept() and read() in a single call
 should be beneifital."

 They also wish to have a few thousand open fd's without slowing
 down stuff like get_first_free_fd().

Something like this would also help our Apache friends (and maybe
DG-FTP on ftp.cdrom.com) I think ;-).

Opinions?

--
Andre Oppermann

CEO / Geschaeftsfuehrer
Internet Business Solutions Ltd. (AG)
Hardstrasse 235, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
Fon +41 1 277 75 75 / Fax +41 1 277 75 77
http://www.pipeline.ch    ibs@pipeline.ch