Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:23:25 -0500
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@avaya.com>
To:        'Archie Cobbs' <archie@dellroad.org>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@avaya.com>
Subject:   RE: Unnumbered IP Interface

Thanks.  I have a few follow-up questions to your answer.

I'm not using netgraph (at least at the moment).  Will this matter?

I assume 'ifconfig lmc0 up' is all I need to do to bring the interface up
prior to "route add <next hop> -iface lmc0..."

On FreeBSD, do I need to do anything special to run OSPF or BGP4 over an
unnumbered interface?  (If I remember correctly RIP doesn't support an
unnumbered interface.)

I have four of these lmc cards.  Besides the leased line monthly charges ...
am I crazy doing this on FreeBSD?   They all work in one machine at the
moment (4.5-Stable).  I'm just starting to get the p2p routing setup (it has
been a long time.)   Are 4 unnumbered interfaces supported in one machine?
Can they all point to the same next hop?  4 different next hops?  A
combination?

Thanks,
MikeC