Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 04:44:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        am@amsoft.ru (Andrew Maltsev)
Cc:        walter@fortean.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APM power off (patch)

> > Well, I'm actually proposing it's taken out of the kernel (step 8) and put
> > into the callout functions (step 5).  The implementation of the
>
> Oh, yes. I finally understand.. it took a time, may be because of my
> poor english, sorry.
>
> To say the truth I see no _big_ advantages in moving that code out of
> kernel.. to me it looks like a bit ``perfectionistic'' improvement..
> which should be done, but..

I did something similar to this for SYSINIT.

The easiest thing to do is to put the functions into one linker set
per queue, and then bubble-sort them in place.  The code doesn't
have to be fast.

The main advantage is that I can have 0 or more "power devices", and
everything will "just work".  It just depends on what you do or don't
link into your kernel, not putting specific knowledge of the devices
into the places where the events occur.

I believe Julian is committing the third queue patch (or already has);
he's the guy who originally did the code in the first place.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.