Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 10:18:21 +0000 ()
From:      Joe Beiter <jwb@xioa.cosmic.org>
To:        gestur@islandia.is (Gestur A. Grjetarsson)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: deluser

Gestur A. Grjetarsson said and I quote:
]
]the command would be "closeaccount user", where the script would take
]user assigned for $1 in the script.
]
]where in vipw, you find the user password like and erase it from there.
]the script should be finished erasing the user from your user dir when
]you finish the vipw edit.
]

the problem is combining the person deleting accounts and the passwd file in
an editor (in vipw). I can't trust them to not delete the root account or
the wrong user. Thats why I'm trying to hack vipw.c and pw_util.c.. I want
to replace the part that puts you into an editor with something that will
instead remove a line from the temp passwd file that contains a pre-verified
username.. and then goes on to just rebuild the passwd database.