Date:      Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:01:14 +0100
From:      Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@fernuni-hagen.de>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Native jdks, Eclipse

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:02:33 -0500, Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> wrote:

>   I would certainly deploy a native java on FreeBSD (4.9-STABLE)
> for nearly-critical tomcat applications.  That said, there are some
> features which are not complete and/or busted.  If the application
> runs at all, I'd feel pretty confident it will keep on running.

I am a bit confused about the various native versions in the
FreeBSD ports tree.

Is there a technical difference between the diabolo port
and the jdk13? Or is it just blessed binary vs source build
but otherwise identical?

I want to work on a port of Eclipse-3.0-M5 for FreeBSD.
The requirement for this is a jdk 1.4
Can I use the native jdk14 without to fear serious problems
and concentrate on working on Eclipse?

Any Eclipse users under FreeBSD here?

Regards,
Marc