Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:58:10 +0200
From:      Sten Daniel Sørsdal <sten.daniel.sorsdal@wan.no>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW/dummynet/ppp bw device question

Hello

  I took a look at the documentation for IPFW and under the dummnet
  section it is mentioned that the 'bw' parameter can be given a
  device for use with ppp(8), however i have failed finding any
  information on this. What i am looking into is to setup pipes for
  each dial-in user (for QoS/shaping).
  And I was kind of hoping this was something i could control in ppp
  without having to reinsert new rules every time a user logged in.

  Anyone ever used this feature or know anything about it?

--
 Best regards

 Sten Daniel Sørsdal