Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 16:08:54 +0000
From:      Anton Voronin <anton@urc.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   perl4 now works differently?

I'm not sure that this mailing list is just where I should post this
because it's concerning perl4 included to the source tree as a GNU
contribution.
After upgrading from 2.2-stable source tree I noticed that when adding a
new user, the adduser.message is sent to one without a proper evaluation
of variables contained in the file: $fullname, $passwd, $name (the whole
line containing a variable is excluded from the message). Looking to the
adduser source I haven't mentioned anything unusual, it just evals every
line of the file. When I try to execute adduser with perl5, it works
properly. So why it now doesn't with perl4?

Anton
Anton Voronin                             http://www.urc.ac.ru/~anton/
Ural Regional Center of FREEnet;   Technical University of Chelyabinsk
Phone: +7 (3512) 65-49-92 (office)            E-mail:  anton@urc.ac.ru