Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 18:23:15 +0200 (EET)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, asmodai@wxs.nl, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun Source Code?

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Drew Baxter wrote:

> At 06:09 PM 12/20/98 +0200, Narvi wrote:
> >Actually, as Solris is 10 bucks for personal use only, the equation really
> >is -
> >	give people Solaris, so they are used to it. They know Solaris, so
> >	they will want to put it to use, so now is the moment to sell them
> >	the multi-user licence and make money.
>
> Personal?  I think you'll find it says (on the letter that comes with the
> 10 dollar kit):
>
> "I am delighted you've reached out to this special Solaris operating
> environment promotion for enthusiasts, non-commercial developers, members
> of the academic community, and other non-commercial enthusiasts worldwide
> wanting access to this industry-leading development platform".
>
> That's a little different than 'personal use only'.  Especially since I
> work in a school.

I see. I wrote personal use only because I saw the string "single user
licence" somewhere. And single user == personal use in a sense (well, ok,
maybe the sense is probably not so apparent to the native English
speakers).

If the CDE on the CD worked with FreeBSD emulation of SVR4....

	Sander

	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
	all these are just illusions.