Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:15:23 +0200
From:      "sapdb@komadev.de" <kai@freshx.de>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppoe - nmap - No buffer space available

Hi terry,

i can corroborate this problem, with 4.x AND 5.x, without beeing the network
interface down. We are also using a pppoe link outsides, and i can do a ping
in parallel, which is working continously, so the tun0 stays online.

My theorie is, that he keeps the sockets open in state "TIME_WAIT", and this
takes too long for the fast nmap scans.

cheers Kai