Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:06:26 +0200
From:      Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TV tuner in Australia

Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:04:02 +1100
>Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au> wrote:
>
>SB> bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips NTSC tuner, msp3400c stereo.
>
>	This has always puzzled me - the BT848 documentation talks about
>autodetecting PAL/NTSC - so I'm not sure what's special about the tuner
>between PAL and NTSC. OTOH both exist and I'm sure there's a reason :(

It's all about frequencies and bandwidths and spectrums. No need to
bother as long as (if) it works.

Now, if we are at it, could someone please tell me how do BT8x8 tuners
behave in FreeBSD? I've never have experience with that kind of
hardware. Do BT8x8 tuners show all (if any) functionality present under
Windows?