Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 1996 16:43:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS Setup Question

On Sat, 3 Aug 1996, Mark Murray wrote:

> > 	Second, which is the right one?  I just installed 2.2-SNAP
> > from scratch, and the only 'man' that comes up is for yppasswdd *shrug*
>
> Er, the man page for rpc.yppasswdd?
>                      ^^^^

	the one that comes back:

quagmire# man rpc.yppasswdd
No manual entry for rpc.yppasswdd
quagmire# uname -a
FreeBSD quagmire.ki.net 2.2-960801-SNAP FreeBSD 2.2-960801-SNAP #0: Sat Aug  3 05:37:17 EDT 1996     scrappy@quagmire.ki.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/quagmire  i386
quagmire#

> > 	Pointer to "the right RTFM" would be helpful, since it would
> > probably answer more then just th eimmediate question, but...
>
> When you do upgrades, it helps to go throug your system every now
> and then and delete cruft. That way, man -k <keyword> cannot lie to
> you :-)
>
> In this case, the man pages for yppasswdd are no longer required,
> as is yppasswdd. Commit mail told us this...

	In this case, i didn't upgrade, I installed from -SNAP, onto
a brand new drive..no rpc.yppasswdd man page, only yppasswdd :(

> What does your "+" entry in your passwd file look like?

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org