Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 09:33:56 -0500
From:      Raul Zighelboim <mango@staff.communique.net>
To:        "'isp@freebsd.org'" <isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   bind and multiple systems with multiple addresses....

Hello there!

	I am running freebsd 2.2.2-RELEASE on a server with many IP
addresses. some 400 of them.
	I also run bind on this system.

The system listens for DNS requests on eache one of those IP addresses,
and I imagine that inetd is doing this too.

	So, my questions:

	Is this a resource hug ?
	Is there a way to limit the IP addresses bind listen on ?
	Is there a way to limit the IP addresses inetd listens on ?

I would like to have thses (and others) processes to listen on 2 IPS
only (localhost and the 'DNS' ip of the server.

Thanks.