Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:17:52 -0800
From:      "Heredity Choice" <stork@QNET.COM>
To:        <scanner@jurai.net>, "Joe Warner" <jswarner@uswest.net>
Cc:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@wintelcom.net>, "Kris Kennaway" <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Microsoft Source (fwd)

Xenix was Microsoft's 16-bit UNIX developed to run on the IBM PC family. It
was a real UNIX, multiuser and multitasking and a different ballgame from
DOS.  It was the first UNIX-derived OS to run on the PC platform and paved
the way for FreeBSD. Microsoft sold Xenix to SCO.

The advent of the 32-bit I386 made Xenix obsolescent.

Paul Smith