Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 17:40:05 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jadetex

Hi!

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 05:22:19PM +0200, R.I.Pienaar wrote:

> I am trying to get the docproj meta port installed with jadetex, i am not
> having fun:

I tried it on -CURRENT recently (last week) and it worked for me, see below.

> FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE (DEV) #1: Wed May 17 19:05:09 SAST 2000
>
> here is snippets from the output:
>
> LaTeX Warning: You have requested, on input line 47, version
>                `2000/03/01' of package hyperref,
>                but only version
>                `2000/01/22 v6.69c Hypertext links for LaTeX'
>                is available.

I do not know if this warning has passed on my screen... I do not remember
it. Did it cause the installation process to stop, or did it just scroll by?

> <snip>
>
> WARNING: Elsevier font setup not found
> (dummyels.sty)
> WARNING: mmasym package not loaded. some symbols will fail
> ) (ucharacters.sty) (uentities.sty
> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [hash size=10000].
> l.701 \expandafter\def\csname EntHopf\endcsname
>                                                {\ensuremath{\mathbb{H}}}%
> UE...

However, I certainly do remember this. This has broken the installation for
me. You have to go and edit the file: /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
and apply the changes proposed by the file:

/usr/ports/print/jadetex/pkg/MESSAGE (or at least that solved it for me)
which, ironically gets printed after jadetex is installed:-) but earlier
these mods were not required at install time... the error is that TeX has
run out of space allocated for the hash table by default, you have to
increase it in the TeX config file.

(heck, I managed once to write such a long sentence that even the mods
for typesetting the Handbook were not enough for it to get through:-)

Hope this helps at least in part...

Regards:
Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University