Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2013 19:10:37 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Vsevolod Stakhov <vsevolod@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        pkg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The new architecture of pkgng solver

--6tPipYVl+OcoAvSh

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 04:02:08PM +0100, Vsevolod Stakhov wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> At the moment I plan to do the following:
>=20
[...]

> I'll do it if there are no objections.
I bet there won't be any objecttions here :) Please implement what you said=
 that
is all we need !
>=20
> (And, well, we need to think eventually what to do with share libraries=
=20
> dependencies and flexible dependencies, e.g. Depends: libsomething (>1.4))

That is the more problematic thing, pkg add and the ports tree package buil=
ding
rely on the old form aka full direct dependency

So what I do propose here is:

to provide the 2 kind of dependency old and new format. in the manifest.
Let's say:

Depends:
  { name: ..., formulae: ... }
Deps:
  {....}

for the shared library we already have the needed
We also need
requires:
provides:

In the long temps Deps will just be dropped but we need to be able in the p=
orts
tree to match properly the depends and the shared libraries, I don't know y=
et
how to do that, but I'll dig :)

Would be nice if you solver could take in account local files (aka being us=
ed
for pkg add) :)

regards,
Bapt