Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2014 19:32:54 +0100
From:      etch <etch@gmx.ch>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?SmVhbi1Tw6liYXN0aWVuIFDDqWRyb24=?= <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radeon HD 5700 Series GPU lockup freezes Xorg when using xf86-video-ati instead of xf86-video-ati-ums

On 16.11.2014 13:47, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
> On 02.11.2014 21:41, etch wrote:
>> I'm now on 10.1-RC3 and I also made a <portmaster -a> to update the ports.
>> But it seems that there is still somewhere a problem since I had again
>> a GPU lockup using Firefox.
>
> Hmmm, most lockups are fixed with a recent Mesa, maybe yours require an
> update to the kernel driver too.
>
> Does the card recover from this lockup?

Hi Jean-Sébastien

After some time of testing with FreeBSD 10.1 and libGL/dri 10.3.3 I can
now confirm that driver crashes are extremely rare.

I had about 4 crashes in three weeks. And they seem completely random
meaning I'm not able to reproduce it.

The card doesn't recover, the display just turns black. Is there any not
to complex way to get debug output of such a crash?

Thanks for your time and sorry about the noise