Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 96 08:54:48 -0800
From:      Sann Yam <syam@futon.sfsu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   can't boot up

Hi,
   I'm trying to install the FreeBSD ver 2.1 on my machine, and
everytime it boot up to the point after the VGA setting, it says
"change root devic to wd1a", and then there's message that says
panic, cannot mount root... and then the system gives 15 sec to stop from
rebooting.  EVerytime I get to this point, there always this message
to reboot, and the machine reboot itself after the 15 sec.  Can you
tell me what is the problme. I tried to disable the conflicts drivers,
but still get that panic message, seem like a kernel's problem that
always want to change the mounting.

Thanks,
-Sann