Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 1996 03:31:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: siguing into current from a random version

As Softweyr LLC wrote:

> Perforce has a source code control system that purports to be equivalent
> to CVS, but with atomic locking.  Last I checked, they were very proud
> of the fact that their system runs on FreeBSD, and are giving away 2-
> user systems for FreeBSD.

They would certainly give us an unlimited license, we know this.  But
last time we've been discussing P3 (as it was named by that time), we
came to the conclusion that it, while being excellent, wasn't yet up
to the task to replace CVS in our environment.  And, some people might
also have ``political'' arguments against making an entire free
software effort depending from a commercial product (though i think
this was the minor problem).

--
cheers, J"org