Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2018 18:17:37 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        tcltk@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Tk entry box is broken

> On 3 Sep 2018, at 14:36, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> =
wrote:
> We use Tcl/Tk on FreeBSD for various applications and I've started =
modernising our stack (from Tcl 8.4) and I am seeing a very weird issue =
where Tk entry boxes only accept the character 'a'(!) but only when =
using XQuartz(!!). ie on the local console it works fine, but if I SSH =
in from my laptop the odd issue happens.
>=20
> This works fine on our existing 9.x era stuff using Tcl/Tk 8.4. I =
tried Tk 8.5, 8.6 and 8.7 with the same result.

I tried this on a Linux (Ubuntu) VM and it behaves the same so I guess =
it's possibly an XQuartz bug, although if anyone has some ideas I'd be =
most grateful..

are so many of them to choose from."
 -- Andrew Tanenbaum