Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 00:26:35 -0500
From:      Nathan Grass <zaz@null.net>
To:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   bin.inf corrupt?

>From the DOS SETUP.EXE I get the following when trying to prepare for a DOS
install.
"BIN.INF: .INF file is corrupt.  Press ESC"

While in the FreeBSD install/setup program (from the boot floppy) I can't get
the system to find the packages.

Everything has been put in C:\FREEBSD (all caps too if that matters) and I even
tried converting the bin.inf file to DOS ASCII and get the same problem.

The file system is FAT (not FAT32) running Win98 and I can't figure out what
might be wrong.

Any tips?

// zaz@null.net -=- This sig footer was last updated Oct 05 1998 -=- \\